Thursday, October 22, 2009

Poetry Slam Reflection

Overall, I believe the poetry slam went very well. Many of my classmates were able to clearly demonstrate the theme of madness through their poems, and a select few had poems that were very successful in portraying this theme; they evoked emotion in their words and they wrote cohesively as well as in a way to make their poem flow. As for me, I believe I was successful in portraying madness. I was concerned, however, that many students would not fully understand how my poem clearly connected to the theme because I based it off of a short story I read in my AP English class last year called "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman. This poetry slam was very successful and helpful in our understanding of poetry and conveying different themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment