- Approximately one-third of young women in the United States become pregnant during their teens. More than 80% of teen pregnancies are unintended and unintentional
- approximately 1 million teenage girls become pregnant each year in the United States. About 13% of U.S. births involve teen mothers and about 25% of teenage girls who give birth have another baby within 2 years.
- Teenagers who have babies are more likely to not finish high school and have their future plans interrupted.
- the United States still has the highest rate of teenage pregnancies when compared to other counties of similar status
- The United States has the highest rates of teenage pregnancy and births in the western industrialized world.
- just under 1/3 of all girls in the United States will get pregnant in their teenage years
- Every year around 750,000 teenagers will get pregnant.
- More than 2/3 of all teenagers who have a baby will not graduate from high school.
- Finding out your pregnant as a teen can be one of the scariest moments in your life.
- teen pregnancy can lead to depression and even suicide
5 opposing points:
- teen pregnancy rates have been declining since 1990
- there are options if you become pregnant: adoption, abortion
- some teenagers purposefully become pregnant
- some teenagers are able to get proper help from their parents to support their child
- some teenage girls and the father of their children are able to support themselves and their child and create a good life
information found from: